The Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) advises drivers to plan ahead for ramp closures and lane restrictions on Interstate 8 in Gila Bend.
Contractors are scheduled to apply oil to preserve and seal pavement, stripe the roadway and do related work as part of the Interstate 8 pavement treatment project between Yuma and Maricopa counties.
The following restrictions will occur Saturday, April 6:
- The eastbound I-8 off- and on-ramps at the SR 85 Junction (Exit 115) will close intermittently between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Work will resume daily along I-8 from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesday, April 10, through Saturday, April 13.
- I-8 will be narrowed to one lane in both directions between the SR 85 Junction (Exit 115) and milepost 134.
- Motorists should anticipate a 5-mile lane restriction while crews progress through the work zone.
- The eastbound I-8 off- and on-ramps at Butterfield Trail (Exit 119) will close intermittently while crews move through the work zone.
- A 12-foot vehicle-width restriction will be in place.
Motorists should allow extra travel time and plan for possible delays while work is underway.
Schedules are subject to change based on weather and other unforeseen factors. For more information, please call the ADOT Bilingual Project Information Line at 855.712.8530 or go to azdot.gov/contact and select Projects from the drop-down menu. For real-time highway conditions statewide, visit ADOT's Traveler Information Site at www.az511.gov, follow ADOT on Twitter (@ArizonaDOT) or call 511, except while driving.
To stay ahead of the traffic delays, download the free ADOT Alerts app to your iOS or Android mobile device and know before you go!