4th of July Celebration
Join us as we celebrate our Nation's independence!
Each year the Town of Gila Bend puts on an explosive celebration for the Fourth of July, and this year will be no different!
Our 2017 celebration of independence will be held at Heritage Field, but we'll also be doing some fun things over at the community pool for those of you who want to start the celebration early but also stay cool.
Festivities at Heritage Field begin at 4 PM. Enjoy contests, games, live musical entertainment, arts and crafts fare, food and wet your whistle at the beer garden. At our community pool, adults can hang by the pool while the kiddos enjoy relay races, contests and more in the water! The pool opens at 10 AM. Plan your experience by downloading the Event Program.
A last-minute contest addition...this year we have added a 'Youth Photo Contest' for ages 12-17! The theme is '4th of July: The American Experience'. Here are the contest rules:
- Contest is open to Gila Bend youth ages 12-17
- Entry photos:
- can be taken with smart phone or camera
- must be related to the 4th of July (patriotism, celebrations, family, or other creative elements related)
- can be shot in color, black & white or sepia
- must be an unmounted 8” x 10”
- must have your name, address, telephone and title of photo written on index card and taped to the back of the photo
- Entries must be dropped off at Town Hall , on or before July 10th 2017 by .
- A monetary prize will be awarded to First, Second and Third place winners for Best Overall Photo.
- Winners will be notified by telephone no later than Friday, July 14th.
- Non-winning entries may be picked up from Town Hall on Monday, July 17th.
Please contact Parks & Rec Director, Krista VanderMolen with additional questions 928-683-2255.
Check out what's going at the Fourth of July Celebration:
Download Event Program